2021 Beginner Beekeepers School
Join us for this five (5) class series teaching the basics of beekeeping. Classes will be held on January 26, February 2, 23, March 2, and 23, 2021, from 6–8 p.m. at the O.P. Owens Agriculture Center, 455 Caton Road, Lumberton, NC 28360.
- Introduction to Beekeeping
- Benefits of Beekeeping
- Life Inside the Honeybee Hive
- Apprehensions and Decisions
- Basic Equipment for Beekeepers
- Obtaining and Installing Honeybees
- Opening the Hive
- Knowing What to Look For
- Different Seasons, Different Activities
- Anticipating and Preventing Potential Problems
- Diseases and Remedies
- Honeybee Pests
- Getting Ready for the Golden Harvest
- Honey Harvest Day
- Fun Things To Do With Bees
- Field Day (a visit to several local apiaries)
Two or more topics will be taught each night by experienced beekeepers. A fee of $30 (due the first night of class) will be charged, which covers registration, textbook, and handouts (please make checks payable to Robeson County Area Beekeepers Association).
Class is limited to the first 20 to register, so call immediately to reserve your space. For more information or to register, contact Nelson Brownlee, Extension Area Farm Management Agent, at 910-671-3276 or by email at email@example.com.
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made to Nelson Brownlee by January 15, 2021, by calling 910-671-3276.